03 July 2018

Jim Palmer Thinks I'm An Idiot


If you are reading this blog post, then you know the name Jim Palmer. For the uninformed, Palmer is a Hall of Fame pitcher that spent nearly two decades with the Orioles and won three World Series rings, three Cy Young Awards and earned a whole bunch of All-Star Game appearances during his career. He is a franchise legend, and he has parlayed that into being, in my opinion, the best part of the nightly game broadcasts on MASN. 

On Friday, I posted a blog on Camden Chat that criticized, in fairly harsh terms, the way in which the Orioles have approached the 2018 season. In short: I feel that things aren't going well, and the O's appear to be banging their head against the proverbial wall rather than making some fairly obvious moves. Some people agree with what I said, many did not.

Palmer was one of the people that did not. He tweeted out the article and then replied to a few people on Twitter explaining that he thought it was no good. That's totally fine. He is not the first person to think I'm bad at this blogging thing, and I'm sure he will not be the last. I appreciate him reading and giving some feedback.

What I cannot get on board with, however, is one of his criticisms, which went as follows:

"Some writer who never played, managed, coached,  assembled a MLB roster has  all the answers!!"

This comment is the meat of this week's episode of The Warehouse Podcast. However, be warned, this does not get all crazy and full of HOT TAKES. We love Palmer. I never had the chance to see him play, but I know he is an all-time great, and the input he provides on the team each night is needed and valuable. It's OK for two people to disagree on things. These are frustrating times for us all in Birdland. Please don't hate me, Jim!

You can subscribe or listen to the podcast on iTunes/Apple PodcastsGoogle PlayStitcherPodbeanTuneIn and a few other places as well. If you are into social media, we can be found on TwitterFacebookInstagram and YouTube. Wherever you go, give us a five-star review or a "Like". It helps us out a ton! Thanks for the support!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm not a chef, but I know the difference between a bad steak and a good one. Palmer's argument is old and has been done to death in countless scenarios. At least he brought himself into good favor like most of the Baltimore media. They do excel at puckering up!